Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package supports nearly 42 crore poor people received financial assistance worth Rs 65,454 crore.
Ministry Of Finance announced Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) supports nearly 42 crore poor people received financial assistance worth Rs 65,454 crore. The Central Government providing a support package of free food grains and cash payments during this pandemic to women, poor senior citizens and farmers.
· The ministry of finance issued Rs 17.891 crore was front-loaded towards payment of the first instalment of PM-KISAN to 8.94 crore beneficiaries.
· The first instalment of Rs 10.325 crore credited to 20.625 crore (100 per cent) woman Jan Dhan account holders.
· In the second instalment of Rs. 10.323 crore credited to 20.62 crores (100 per cent) women Jan Dhan account holders.
· The central government supported new India assurance scheme for health workers will come to an effect from 30 March to September 2020 in Government hospitals and health care centres.
· The government announced, under Atma Bharat mission that the free food grains supply to migrant workers for two months, adding 6.3 LMT foodgrain already lifted by 36 states/union territories and 34,074 of chana has also been dispatched to them for the scheme as on Jun 19.